The character sheet download is just the legal information.
Alpha Duo Roleplaying: Basic Rules
A downloadable game
Alpha Duo Roleplaying: Basic Rules is a short, no-frills reference document for the Alpha Duo game engine. Port it into your own tabletop sessions, or even modify it to publish games of your own!
What It Is:
Alpha Duo is a tabletop roleplaying engine. It provides a flexible, elegant rules structure for representing characters' capabilities and resolving their endeavors, but without committing to a specific genre, like fantasy or sci-fi. This does mean that playing it as-is will require you to fill some gaps with your imagination, but it also means that you won't have to "un-build" anything to switch genres—it's already just a foundation.
Who It's For:
Alpha Duo Roleplaying: Basic Rules might be for you if you:
- Want a quick-and-easy foundation for your roleplaying without lots of fiddly bits
- Like another game's themes and peripherals but want to splice in a smoother foundation
- Want to publish a game of your own and would rather start with an existing foundation than re-invent the wheel
Want to see a game using this engine?
Check out Next Horizon, a game of low-stakes fantasy adventuring, HERE.
Version 1.1 released on 01/16/2021. Updates:
- Replaced character advancement with a new system
- Replaced the license with CC BY 4.0
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Fantasy version on Kickstarter now!Jul 01, 2020